Are you seeking to research an area of your teaching in depth or to publish work already undertaken? Would you like to gain a deeper understanding of the national and international policies that influence local strategic decisions? Are you looking for effective ways to assess and provide feedback or to supervise undergraduate research projects or are you grappling with the need to integrate technologies that will enrich your modules?
Perhaps you have considered pursuing an MA in Higher Education previously, but were unsure if you could commit the time required?
In response to these considerations, a range of flexible options for the part time MA (Higher Education) have been devised by the Learning Teaching and Technology Centre in DIT to facilitate busy academic staff and to provide participants with a diversity of learning experiences;
- Most of the modules that comprise Stage 1 of the MA are also offered as CPD short courses and prior completion of any of the modules shown in this menu of modules figure (and also Supervising Undergraduate Dissertations & Projects, Assessment & Feedback or Problem Based Learning) qualifies you for an exemption.
- 20 of the ECTS credits for Stage 1 are selected from a suite of electives, two of which rotate regularly. This year, the options are; Academic Writing & Publishing (10 ECTS), Creativity & Critical Thinking (5 ECTS) and Technology Enhanced Learning Teaching & Assessment (5 ECTS).
- One 5 ECTS module (Technology Enhanced Learning Teaching & Assessment) is provided fully online, affording participants the opportunity to experience being an online learner and to engage with their learning from a location of their choosing.
- The 15 ECTS Professional Development module entails self-directed learning culminating in a one hour interview and participants who already hold a postgraduate certificate or diploma in higher education or equivalent gain an exemption.
- Participants who would like to complete stage 1 over the course of two years instead of one will be accommodated.
Note that some places remain on the MA (Higher Education) programme for September 2016 but applications should be made as soon as possible.
Professional development is at the core of the MA qualification – the Academic Writing & Publishing module provides the opportunity to write a journal paper on an aspect of education research and to present at an internal conference while the Higher Education Policy module entails topical inputs from leaders and experts from a range of relevant bodies and organisations.
The research project and associated dissertation in Year 2 allows you to focus on a specific area of relevance to you and your practice as an educator. You will be developing your research, critical thinking and analytical skills and applying them to your educational interests and specialisms.
More details on the modules available in Stage 1 are provided in a one page summary of modules .
-For further information on the MA, see https://lttcprogrammes.wordpress.com/ma-in-higher-education or contact email@example.com
-For further information on Continuing Professional Development modules (5 ECTS & 10 ECTS), see https://lttcprogrammes.wordpress.com/short-courses-cpd/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org