Are you teaching or supporting learning in higher or further education and interested in exploring technologies that can enhance and nurture your students’ learning? Or are you in a public or private sector training/consultancy context seeking to update or develop new skills and strategies in eLearning? Would you like to gain a deeper understanding of learning theories supporting the design of e-learning resources? Are you looking for effective ways to blend courses and integrate technologies that will enrich your modules?
The MSc Applied e-Learning is an international award winning programme and applications are now open for the next intake of participants in September 2017.
- Click here to access a link to the online application system
- For an animated look at the MSc, click here
- To watch a short video about the programme and hear from some of the past graduates, click here.
This two year part-time MSc Applied eLearning programme at the DIT Learning, Teaching and Technology Centre is open to a wide range of academics and professionals in the field of eLearning. This programme (facilitated via a blend of face-to-face teaching, independent study and online and group activities) enables you to explore technology-based education and training, by focusing on research, practical application and collaborative exploration, along with the possibility to further your qualifications.We also provide entry to the programme with recognition of prior learning, therefore your employment or other educational experiences provide evidence of intellectual ability for the programme.
A wide variety of technologies will be explored over the two years of the programme. Each module is based in the virtual learning environment Webcourses, you will also have the chance to use other technologies to complement this, such as blogs, wikis, educational apps, peer assessment & audio feedback tools, webinars and many more, all as part of your study.
The programme is delivered in this blended format, so that you can fit your study around work and family commitments; attendance will be required at face-to-face tutorials and workshops in year 1 of the programme, and you will also engage with fellow participants and tutors in a fully supported, collaborative online learning environment. Independent study will be encouraged as well as partaking in group-based activities.
This programme specialises in:
The use of experiential learning on all modules – (weekly hands-on, interactive learning sessions):
- Providing regular feedback to participants on their progress
- Giving the opportunity to apply skills within the programme or soon after
- Use of peers to model exemplary practice in technology-enhanced learning: programme graduates and peers from industry and academia are regularly invited to disseminate their work; weekly classes allow you to learn alongside fellow education professionals from a wide range of subject areas and contexts
- Designed to support the professional development of individuals working in education and training specifically in the digital environment. The intention is to strengthen and enhance participants’ understanding of digital educational issues whilst raising their professional profiles.
- Applying pedagogy into practice: you will be encouraged to discuss and analyse knowledge from a wide range of theoretical perspectives and apply them to your own professional practice. This will be focused especially on teaching and learning in the digital environment and you will be critically analysing and creating digital educational resources. Throughout the two years, you will have the opportunity to focus your studies on an area of professional educational interest whilst developing research skills and an understanding of ethical principles in higher education.
- Ultimately the programme can help you to make changes in your professional practice that can have a positive impact on you and on your learners/users.
The graduates from the programme are all lecturers, learning technologists in Higher or Further Education, educators working in a school or eLearning consultants and trainers in a corporate training context, who wish to upskill to improve the opportunities for promotion available to them in their workplace. Participants have been drawn to this programme for the consistent opportunities to experiment, to further enhance their understanding of the relationship between pedagogy, design and technology, to discover and apply underpinning pedagogic theories, learn new technological skills and develop resources related directly to their own blended and fully online educational practices.
This Programme is also regarded as an ideal upgrade route for teachers and tutors in higher and further education and trainers wishing to learn how to work with the range of current technology available today and take full advantage of networked eLearning opportunities in their organisation.
|Qualification/Level||MSc Applied eLearning|
|Mode of study||Part Time / Blended Delivery|
|Duration||Minimum of 2 Years|
|Fees||Click here for fees information|
|Location||LTTC Specialist Teaching Facility, 5th Floor, DIT Aungier St. Campus, Dublin 2|
|Programme Timetable||Tuesdays, 10am-1pm (Year 1)
Tuesdays, 2-5pm (Year 2)
|Programme Start Date||Tuesday 5th September 2017, with a fully supportive and fun induction!|