CPD Essential Information:
- The following modules are being offered by the LTTC as stand alone postgraduate continuing professional development (CPD) short modules. They are designed for colleagues engaged in teaching and supporting learning.
- Credits from these modules can contribute towards our Postgraduate Programmes – PG Diploma, MA in Higher Education and MSc in Applied ELearning. You can see progression routes between CPD modules and our programmes here.
- Please note, only DIT staff (with a staff number) are eligible to apply and the application form and fee details are provided at the end of this page.
- A very limited number of places may be available for DIT postgraduate students on our Academic Writing and Publishing module but the application process is through the Graduate Research School. If you are undertaking a PhD in educational research and want to enquire about places available on some of our modules, please contact Linda Boyd (Extn. 7875 or firstname.lastname@example.org )
Calendar of CPDs for 2017-2018 (click on the module title for more information):
- Learning Theories – 12th Sept-10th Oct 2017 (Tuesdays, 10am -1pm) – THIS MODULE IS NOW FULL
- Academic Writing and Publishing – beginning 17th Oct 2017 with sessions until Feb 2018 and Graduate Showcase in May/June – THIS MODULE IS NOW FULL
- Higher Education Policy – 24th Oct- 5th Dec 2017 (Tuesdays, 10am-1pm)
- Technology Enhanced Learning, Teaching & Assessment – this module is fully online; weekly webinars commencing 10th January 2018
- Creativity and Critical Thinking in HE – 16th Jan-20th Feb 2018 (Tuesdays, 10am-1pm)
- Trends in eLearning Technology – 27th Feb-10th April 2018 (Tuesdays, 10am-1pm)
- Supervising UG Dissertations & Projects – 27th Feb-10th April 2018 (Tuesdays, 10am-1pm)
- Academic Leadership in Learning, Teaching and Assessment – next start date to be confirmed
- Assessment and Feedback – next start date in 2018-19
- Supporting Virtual Communities – next start date in 2018-19
Please complete the online application form at least one week prior to module commencement: Online CPD Application Form
DIT Staff Fee Waiver: If you are a current DIT staff member i.e. with current staff number, you may be eligible for a DIT Staff Fee Waiver. Please read the DIT Fee Waiver Policy and complete the associated Fee Waiver Application Form if applicable. This form must be completed before registration is completed. A condition of registration is evidence of fees paid or a DIT staff fee waiver.
Note: Each year, some places may be available on the Educational Research Design (10 ECTS) module (see https://lttcprogrammes.wordpress.com/ma-programme-modules/ for further information). This module is timetabled on Tuesdays from 10am to 1pm in April and May. It is designed to support participants who intend to undertake an educational research project, usually at postgraduate level. Potential applicants need to speak with the module tutors before registering to establish if the module is suitable for them and whether there are places remaining.