The following modules are being offered by the LTTC as stand alone Postgraduate CPD short modules. They are designed for colleagues engaged in teaching and supporting learning. Credits from these modules can contribute towards our Postgraduate Programmes – PG Diploma, MA in Higher Education and MSc in Applied ELearning. Only DIT staff (with a staff number) are eligible to apply and the application form and fee details are provided at the end of this page.
Please note that DIT postgraduate students should not apply directly to the LTTC. There may be a very limited number of places available for postgraduate students on our Academic Writing and Publishing module but the application process is through the Graduate Research School. If you are undertaking a PhD in educational research and want to enquire about places available on some of our modules, please contact Linda Boyd (Extn. 7875 or email@example.com )
Check out the ‘Progression Routes’ link to enlarge this image:
Progression Routes in LTTC Short Courses and PG Programmes-2015
See associated links for further details on each module.
Calendar of CPDs for 2017/18:
- Learning Theories – Sept-Oct 2017, dates to be confirmed (Tuesdays, 10am -1pm)
- Academic Writing and Publishing – beginning Oct 2017 with sessions until Feb 2018 and Graduate Showcase in May/June
- Higher Education Policy – Oct-Dec 2017, dates to be confirmed (Tuesdays, 10am-1pm)
- Technology Enhanced Learning, Teaching & Assessment – this module is fully online; weekly webinars on dates to be confirmed for 2017/18
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment – blended with face to face sessions, dates to be confirmed for 2017/18
- Creativity and Critical Thinking in HE – next start date to be confirmed
- Academic Leadership in Learning, Teaching and Assessment – next start date to be confirmed
- Supervising UG Dissertations & Projects – early 2018
- Assessment and Feedback – early 2018
- Trends in eLearning Technology – early 2018
- Supporting Virtual Communities – early 2018
To Apply: Please complete the online application form at least one week prior to module commencement: Online CPD Application Form
DIT Staff Fee Waiver: If you are a current DIT staff member i.e. with current staff number, you may be eligible for a DIT Staff Fee Waiver. Please read the DIT Fee Waiver Policy and complete the associated Fee Waiver Application Form if applicable. This form must be completed before registration is completed. A condition of registration is evidence of fees paid or a DIT staff fee waiver.
Note: Each year, some places may be available on the Educational Research Design (10 ECTS) module (see https://lttcprogrammes.wordpress.com/ma-programme-modules/ for further information). This module is timetabled on Tuesdays from 10am to 1pm in April and May. It is designed to support participants who intend to undertake an educational research project, usually at postgraduate level. Potential applicants need to speak with the module tutors before registering to establish if the module is suitable for them and whether there are places remaining.